Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use LEFT JOINs in some system views in case referenced row doesn

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use LEFT JOINs in some system views in case referenced row doesn
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use LEFT JOINs in some system views in case referenced row doesn  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Indeed, and the query field does not have much more meaning for a WAL
> sender. So I'd propose the attached for 9.6 and HEAD. I have thought
> about reporting that to pgstat in StartReplication(), but as there is
> some error handling there I'd think that WalSndLoop() is a better
> place to call pgstat_report_activity, as per the attached.

As long as it's a fixed string there's no reason to set it repeatedly,
so this placement looks fine for now.  We can reconsider when/if we
make it variable and decide what is going to drive it.

On reflection, maybe s/walsender/WAL sender/?  It doesn't look like
we really use the word "walsender" in user-facing docs.