Re: Bitmap scans vs. the statistics views

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Bitmap scans vs. the statistics views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On R, 2005-04-22 at 13:46 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Hmmm ... we need to flag *something* in pg_stat_*_indexes, whether it is a new
> column or the tuplefetch column.   People use that view to find indexes they
> can drop.

I think that "idx_scan" and "idx_tup_read" can have the same meaning as
for other index types, i.e. of number of scans and number of index
tuples read (and copied into bitmap).

and as idx_tup_fetch seems to be == idx_tup_read, it can be the same for
bitmap indexes as well :)

but if the view will be changed, I'd like to see column idx_pages_read
added there.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>

Сообщение: Re: possible TODO: read-only tables, select from indexes
Сообщение: Re: possible TODO: read-only tables, select from indexes