Re: Postgresql works too slow

От: Simon Riggs
Тема: Re: Postgresql works too slow
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Postgresql works too slow  ("Nurlan Mukhanov (AL/EKZ)", )
 Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Steve Poe, )
  Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Simon Riggs, )
  Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Brad Nicholson, )

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 08:50 +0400, Nurlan Mukhanov (AL/EKZ) wrote:
> I'm trying to restore my database from dump in several parrallel processes, but restore process works too slow.
> Number of rows about 100 000 000,
> RAM: 8192M
> CPU: Ultra Sparc 3
> Number of CPU: 4
> OS: SunOS sun 5.8
> RDBMS: PostgreSQL 8.0

> How to encrease postgresql speed? Why postgres took only 5.0% of CPU time?

When you say restore...what are you actually doing?
An archive recovery?
A reload?
A file-level restore of database?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

Сообщение: Re: Bad n_distinct estimation; hacks suggested?
Сообщение: Re: Bad n_distinct estimation; hacks suggested?