Re: Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Mischa
Тема Re: Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
 Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient  (Steve Atkins, )
  Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
 Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
   Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient  (Tom Lane, )
    Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: [HACKERS] Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
      Re: [HACKERS] Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: [HACKERS] Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan  (John A Meinel, )
        Re: [HACKERS] Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: [HACKERS] Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
     Re: Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for  (Simon Riggs, )
     Re: Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  (Bruno Wolff III, )
      Re: Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  (Mischa, )
        Re: Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  (Tom Lane, )
         Re: Recognizing range constraints (was Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient)  (, )
 Re: Plan for relatively simple query seems to be very inefficient  ("Dave Held", )
Quoting Tom Lane <>:

> Yeah, the whole thing is only a heuristic anyway.  I've been coming
> around to the view that relation membership shouldn't matter, because
> of cases like
>
>     WHERE a.x > b.y AND a.x < 42
>
> which surely should be taken as a range constraint.

Out of curiosity, will the planner induce "b.y < 42" out of this?

--
"Dreams come true, not free."