pgsql 8.x libpq.dll Installation problems

От rabt@dim.uchile.cl
Тема pgsql 8.x libpq.dll Installation problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi guys,

I've been testing windows native port of postgresql 8.0.1 at home and now I want
to try it at work. The problem is that my admins are a little concerned about
users privileges, so they left us with read-only privs on System32 folder,
which means that pginstaller can't copy libpq.dll file to it's default
location, and of course installation can't proceed. I've tried msiexec docs
with no luck and I've also tried setting SYSTEMROOT variable to a different
location with no results.

Is there anything I can do or should I go back to cygwin port of pgsql?

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Abt,
Chile.