Re: 7.1.1 Lock Problems on Views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.1.1 Lock Problems on Views
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Brian Powell <brian@owlscreech.com> writes:
> In our client app, we lock our table before doing something to it.

Why don't you redesign the app to not use table-level locks?
An MVCC-aware app should have little or no need for table-level
locking.

Locking views strikes me as a pretty fragile, if not outright broken,
approach anyway --- a lock on a view would only protect you against
other users of the same view, not against other users accessing the
same underlying tables through different views.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: