Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> What seems to happen is it slams into a "wall" of some sort, the
> system goes into disk write frenzy (wait=90% CPU), and eventually
> recovers and starts running for a while at a more normal speed.  What
> I need though, is to not have that wall happen.  It is easier for me
> to accept a constant degredation of 5%, rather than a 99% degredation
> for short periods, as it can cause cascade problems in the system.

Could this possibly be a checkpoint happening?

Also how many checkpoint segments do you have?

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting

Сообщение: Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?
Сообщение: Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?