Re: Table partition for very large table

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Table partition for very large table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 11:32 -0600, Yudie Gunawan wrote:
> I have table with more than 4 millions records and when I do select
> query it gives me "out of memory" error.
> Does postgres has feature like table partition to handle table with
> very large records.
> Just wondering what do you guys do to deal with very large table?

You can use a cursor to help with this problem and fetch through the
records.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-declare.html

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting