Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Дата
Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-09-28 16:46:08 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, it's only important on platforms where we can't restrict
>> libpq.so from exporting all symbols.  I don't know how close we are
>> to deciding that such cases are no longer interesting to worry about.
>> Makefile.shlib seems to know how to do it everywhere except Windows,
>> and I imagine we know how to do it over in the MSVC scripts.

> Hm, then I'd argue that we don't need to care about it anymore. The meson
> build does the necessary magic on windows, as do the current msvc scripts.

If we take that argument seriously, then I'm inclined to adjust my
upthread patch for Makefile.global.in so that it removes the extra
inclusions of libpgport/libpgcommon everywhere, not only macOS.
The rationale would be that it's not worth worrying about ABI
stability details on any straggler platforms.

> I think right now it doesn't work as-is on sonoma, because apple decided to
> change the option syntax, which is what causes the -e warning below, so the
> relevant option is just ignored.

Hmm, we'd better fix that then.  Or is it their bug?  It looks to me like
clang's argument is -exported_symbols_list=/path/to/exports.list, so
it must be translating that to "-e".

Сообщение: Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Сообщение: Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain