Re: Good Books

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Good Books
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 10:59 -0500, Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com wrote:
> "...and very interesting."
>
> The Date book should be required reading in computer science 101, but "very
> interesting" implies that your only other hobby is watching grass grow.
>
> Rick

[ referring to "An Introduction to Database Systems" by CJ Date ]

Hah. I'm sure there are many that would find it boring, but I find it
much more readable than, say, the Knuth books. It's all relative, I
suppose. I found it interesting because at the time I was reading it it
helped me solve some practical problems I was having without resorting
to kludges and client-side programming.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis