Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> It's worth questioning whether this is a bug fix or an improvement.
>> If the latter, it probably ought to wait for v12.

> If explaining the change requires reference to tokens from the source code,
> rather than something an end user could understand, I'd argue it is a bug
> fix rather than an improvement.

Well, the difference between volatile, stable and immutable functions is
well-documented, so I don't think that's a great argument.  If there's
some aspect of this behavior that's not predictable from understanding
which class the partition key expression falls into, then I could agree
that's a bug.