Re: pg/plsql question

От Fred Blaise
Тема Re: pg/plsql question
Re: pg/plsql question  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 09:58 -0500, John DeSoi wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> On Mar 15, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Fred Blaise wrote:
>
> > I am trying to grant privs to a user on all tables. I think I
> > understood
> > there was no command to do that.... :// so I wrote the following:
>
> You can find some code to do this here:
>
> http://pgedit.com/node/view/20
nice :)

> > I then login to psql, and do a \i myscript.sql. It returns CREATE
> > FUNCTION, but I cannot see anything. The tables are not granted, etc...
> > Also I am trying to find out how to debug this. How can I print out to
> > STDOUT the value of t for example?
> >

> Unfortunately, you can't print to stdout because the procedure is
> executed on the database server. About the best you can do is to is to
> use a raise log statement:
>
> raise log ''t is %'', t;
Yes, that's what I thought... but oddly nothing gets written. I see
other things get written to the postgres log, but not those. I have
tried raise log and raise notice.

> This will write to the PostgreSQL log. Be sure to declare t -- this may
> be one of your problems.
Declared now as varchar.

Just to make sure... Once the function is created, you would call it as
'execute function()' from psql, correct?

> John DeSoi, Ph.D.
> http://pgedit.com/
> Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Thanks a lot

fred

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem level backup and 32 / 64 bit
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: plpython function problem workaround