Need some install help .....pgsql8.0.1 on Suse Linux 9.2 pro

От John Phillips
Тема Need some install help .....pgsql8.0.1 on Suse Linux 9.2 pro
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,
I'm a kinda newbie.  Used Oracle for years doing development.  I do
Oracle MFG development professionally in a professionally maintained (by
others!) environment.  Just installed Suse9.2 pro at home on an AMD
Athlon +3000 with a gig of memory and a separate 160 GB Hardrive.
and wanted to get up and running with PGSQL.  I downloaded
postgresql-8.0.1  gunzipped it, untarred it and put in in /usr/local/src
did the ./config thing.  Config replied about readline.  I downloaded
readline5.0 from the GNU readline site.
Anything that I'm "obviously" missing ?
what kind of readline entries should I see in /usr/local/lib  ?

Thanks for the help

regards