Re: Optimization rules for semi and anti joins

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Optimization rules for semi and anti joins
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 09:36:38AM -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
>> Secondly, I don't believe there's any restriction of explicitly what
>> can and cannot be posted on a public Postgres mailing list.

> We have plenty of such restrictions.  Take the Nazi spammer, for
> example, and what he's doing is just offensive and silly.

My take on the Nazi spammer is that we're banning him because he's
off-topic for these lists.  We'd ban someone spamming on a less
offensive topic too, as long as it was unrelated to Postgres.

Unfortunately, while software patents are pretty offensive, they can
hardly be said to be off-topic.