Re: indexing date_part

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: indexing date_part
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In this case you just have a syntax error in your function. You have
tried to use a single-quoted string inside of a single-quoted string.
Escape the single quotes by writing "''" instead of "'" inside the
function definition.

For example:

CREATE FUNCTION month_idxable(date) returns date AS 'SELECT
date_part(''month'', date) from mchistw' LANGUAGE 'SQL' WITH
(iscachable);

After creating the function, just create the functional index and you
should be on the right track.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis