Re: postgresql 8.0 on windows 2003 server

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: postgresql 8.0 on windows 2003 server
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 17:12, Si Chen wrote:
> Hello everyone.  Thanks for the answers earlier about the new 8.0 version.
>
> We have a client who is thinking about putting postgresql 8.0 on Windows
> 2003 Server, but he is concerned because this is the first version to
> run natively on windows.  Are there any issues with 8.0 on Windows?

There was a report of the stats monitor dying under heavy load just the
other day.  And the lack of testing in a heavy load environment would
keep me from putting the two in the data center together just now, but
it's certainly good enough for workgroup / internal use.

> Also, with Linux it was possible to improve performance by increasing
> the amount of shared memory in /etc/shmmax
> (http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/smith20010821.php3).  Does this need
> to be done in Windows?

I do not know.  I'd imagine giving PostgreSQL a bit of extra memory for
shared buffers would help.  I don't know if you'd have to reconfigure
any part of windows to make it possible, or just change the setting in
postgresql.conf