how can I query for unset timestamps

От Bret Hughes
Тема how can I query for unset timestamps
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I have a table that I recently altered by adding several timestamp
columns.  I would like to query the table for those rows for which the
timestamp has not been set but am unable to find a way to do so.  any
tips ?  in psql the column appears empty and char_length returns
nothing.

Some of what I have tried

"" -> not valid

char_length(last_timestamp) > 0  -> returns the rows with the time
stamps

where NOT char_length(last_timestamp) > 0  -> returns 0 rows

where NOT (char_length(last_timestamp) > 0 ) -> returns 0 rows

where last_timestamp = NULL;  -> 0 rows

this is kicking my butt, and starting to piss me off so if any one has
tips I would appreciate it.

Bret

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: