Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Hey, Bruce -- did the patches for Alpha get in??  If not, I'll need to
>> mung Ryan K's/Uncle G's patchset against 6.5.1 to work with 6.5.2.

> The bad news is that those patches are too large/significant for a minor
> release.  They could affect other platforms adversely, so we can't apply
> them until 6.6.

Also, most of them were patches for the portability problems in our
function call interface.  I still have hopes of redesigning the fmgr
interface completely before 6.6 --- see my message in the hackers
archives for 6/14/99.  If we get that done then there'll be no need for
the associated patches.  (If we don't, we'd better apply the patches,
since Alpha is not the only platform where there are problems...)