Re: Client lib v. 7.3 to access 8.0 db server.

От Robby Russell
Тема Re: Client lib v. 7.3 to access 8.0 db server.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 10:02 -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> Hello,
> I mainly use PHP to access my database. The PHP in the server is compiled with
> postgreSQL client lib v. 7.3. I am planning to upgrade my database server (on
> other machine) to version 8.0. Do I need to recompile PHP to use 8.0 client,
> or is it compatible ?

You shouldn't notice any issues with this. In our hosting environment,
we're using older pgsql client libs with postgresql 8 with no issues.

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development
* --- Now hosting Ruby on Rails Apps ---