Re: Nested Loop WAS: VACUUM ANALYZE makes things worse!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Nested Loop WAS: VACUUM ANALYZE makes things worse!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Ian Harding" <ianh@tpchd.org> writes:
> Another case of blockhead programmer.  I must have been smoking something when I wrote that piece of junk.  I
collapsedit into a single query with sum(CASE WHEN DAYNUMBER = X THEN HOURS ELSE NULL) for the hours and it works like
clockwork.
> Sorry about the noise.

I was wondering if you couldn't simplify it ;-) ... but the question of
why the plan got worse after VACUUM ANALYZE is still interesting.  At
least to me.

От: "Ian Harding"
Сообщение: Re: Nested Loop WAS: VACUUM ANALYZE makes things
От: "Johann Zuschlag"
Сообщение: SI buffer overflow, cache state reset