Re: how to know this row has been referenced or not????

От Akbar
Тема Re: how to know this row has been referenced or not????
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 22:22 -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 07:00:14PM +0700, Akbar wrote:
>
> > How do I know for sure that "this row" or "that row" has or has not
> > been referenced by other table????
>
> Why do you need to know?  What are you trying to do?

Well, I made application using postgresql database.... there is a list
of employee.... if user want to delete the employee data, I have to
check whether this employee data has been referenced or not.... if no
body need this employee data ( has not been referenced ), my application
will delete it... but if somebody need this employee data ( has been
referenced / maybe transaction table need it ), I just move the employee
data to not-active list of employee.....