Re: Out of memory error

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Out of memory error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Montag, den 07.02.2005, 20:05 -0200 schrieb Clodoaldo Pinto:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:51:46 -0800, Joshua D. Drake
> <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> > Well your first email didn't explain that you were doing the below :)
>
> In the first email I was not doing the insert. I was executing a psql script:
>
> $ psql -e -f groupdup.psql ks2
>
> This was the groupdup.psql script:
>
> \pset format unaligned
> \pset fieldsep '\t'
> \pset tuples_only
> \o '/KakaoStats/bak/groupdup.txt'
> select
>     data,
>     usuario,
>     sum(pontos),
>     sum(wus)
> from usuarios
> group by data, usuario
> ;
> \o
> \pset tuples_only
> \pset format aligned
>
> I was planning to insert the file with copy from.

Will this go into the same database?
If so, you should probably use:

CREATE TABLE targettable AS
select     data,
    usuario,
    sum(pontos) as sum_pontos,
    sum(wus) as sum_wus
from usuarios
group by data, usuario;

If you are going to insert this into another database,
consider doing the step above and then use

pg_dump -t targettable to get a nice dump you can easily
restore. You can also use copy to dump your own.

HTH
Tino