Re: security

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: security
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/05/2005 08:08:00 PM, Ron Peterson wrote:
> I would like to be able to assert that the security of data stored as
> value in a PostgreSQL table can be as high as the security of saving
> that same piece of data to a file on disk.  Would that be correct?

Well, from a theoretical perspective you're adding additional levels
of complexity when you use PostgreSQL.  The postgres databases are
in the filesystem, so you don't eliminate complexity there, and
you've added the complexity of a database and a network into the
mix.  With more complexity there's more to go wrong.  I guess the
question is whether the additional complexity buys you additional
security that makes up the difference.

I'd say the answer depends on how badly you need the additional
security.

Otherwise, Idunno.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein