Re: REPLICATION Solution for WINDOWS OS

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: REPLICATION Solution for WINDOWS OS
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 00:08, Tope Akinniyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a replication solution for PostgreSQL?  I learnt Slony 1 is
> for Linux OS.

Actually, it will work on any flavor of Unix as far as I know.  And
apparently at least some folks on the slony mailing list are interested
in / working on a windows port.

That said, the Windows port of PostgreSQL is brand new. I'd be wary
enough of running production machines on it right now, let alone adding
the variability of having replication running on it at the same time.

If you have anyone with unix experience, I'd suggest using that for
production right now, while testing windows in a staging environment to
make sure all the bugs in the windows version get shaken out before
going live in production with it.