Re: Wierd memory problem with Apache / PHP. Related to

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Wierd memory problem with Apache / PHP. Related to
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It sounds like a php issue to me more than anythong else. Perhaps PHP's
garbage collection doesn't free the space fast enough?

However, I was looking at the PG source a little to see if it looked
like it was copying the query, and it appears that pqPutMsgBytes (in
fe-misc.c) copies the entire query to a buffer. That could account for
doubling of the query that you send there (since php still holds the
$data string), but still doesn't explain 16MB. Perhaps a little of both
PHP and postgres?

Developers: am I mistaken about libpq copying the entire query before
sending it to the backend? Is there a reason that libpq wouldn't just
send it along to the backend? After all, it seems strange that postgres
would allow a huge query length, yet expect to be able to copy the
entire thing.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis