Re: Removing link-time cross-module refs in contrib

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Removing link-time cross-module refs in contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2016-10-03 14:49:20 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... ignoring unresolved symbols in shlibs is the default
>> on Linux, and while you can make it throw errors, that just leads to
>> errors for all the references into the core backend.  Not very helpful.
>> AFAICS, GNU ld lacks any equivalent to macOS' -bundle_loader switch,
>> which is what we'd need to make this usable.

> Hm. I wonder if it's actually possible to link against the main backend,
> when compiling as a position-independent-executable...

I tried that, didn't work.

>> A workable compromise for Linux might be to enable -Wl,-z,now which
>> changes unresolved symbol resolution from lazy to on-load.

> Hm, I think that's the default already no?

Oh, maybe, I was looking for compile switches.  Will test.

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Copy-editing for contrib/pg_visibility documentation.
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Copy-editing for contrib/pg_visibility documentation.