Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ühel kenal päeval (teisipäev, 25. jaanuar 2005, 10:41-0500), kirjutas
Tom Lane:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> > Why is removing index entries essential ?
>
> Because once you re-use the tuple slot, any leftover index entries would
> be pointing to the wrong rows.

That much I understood ;)

But can't clearing up the index be left for "later" ?

Indexscan has to check the data tuple anyway, at least for visibility.
would adding the check for field sameness in index and data tuples be
too big performance hit ?

Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>