Re: poor performance of db?

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: poor performance of db?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I then re-wrote the page to use a single select query to call all the
> information needed by PHP to draw the screen. That managed to shave it
> down to 3.5 seconds... but this so far is as fast as I can get the
> page to load. Have tried vacuuming and creating indexes but to no
> avail. (increasing shared mem buffers yet to be done)

If you call this select statement directly from psql instead of through
the PHP thing, does timing change?

(just to make sure, time is actually spent in the query and not
somewhere else)

PS: use \timing in psql to see timing information

Bye, Chris.

Сообщение: Re: How to boost performance of ilike queries ?
Сообщение: Re: How to boost performance of ilike queries ?