Re: ARC patent

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: ARC patent
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 01:26 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Agree with everything apart from the idea that seq scan flooding isn't
> an issue. I definitely think it is.

I agree it's an issue, I just don't think it's an issue of sufficient
importance that it needs to be solved in the 8.0.x timeframe.

In any case, I'll take a look at developing a patch to replace ARC with
LRU. If it's possible to solve sequential flooding (e.g. via some kind
of hint-based approach) without too much complexity, we could add that
to the patch down the line.

-Neil