Re: [PERFORM] typoed column name, but postgres didn't grump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] typoed column name, but postgres didn't grump
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> I think Merlin probably meant to write "select x((1,2))", but that
>> doesn't work out-of-the-box either.  What would be affected is
>> something like

> Actually I didn't -- I left out that there was a function f taking x.

Ah.  No, that would still work after the change.  The case that I'm
proposing to break is using function-ish notation to invoke a cast
from a composite type to some other type whose name you use as if it
were a function.  Even there, if you've created such a cast following
the usual convention of naming the cast function after the target type,
it'll still act the same.  It's just the built-in I/O-based casts that
will stop working this way (for lack of a matching underlying function).