Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
Список pgsql-benchmarks
On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 03:20 +0000, Randolf Richardson wrote:
> "tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane)" wrote in pgsql.benchmarks:
>
> > Randolf Richardson <rr@8x.ca> writes:
> >
> >> I'm looking for recent performance statistics on PostgreSQL vs. Oracle
> >> vs. Microsoft SQL Server.

Think about it. You're not the first to want this, yet none are
available. It must be because...

> > Oracle prohibits their licensees from publishing independent benchmarks,
> > and I think the same is true for SQL Server.  So you won't find anything
> > unbiased.

I believe this has been so for many years with the Oracle licence. I
don't recall seeing this with Microsoft, but then I am less familiar
with the terms.

>         Do you happen to have links to their license agreements?  I'd like to
> see this for myself....

Easy, just pay the Ferryman...

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs

В списке pgsql-benchmarks по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft