Re: Somebody has not thought through subscription locking considerations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Somebody has not thought through subscription locking considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Petr Jelinek <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 31/03/17 21:00, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Looking at dependency info isn't going to fix this, it only moves the
>> unsafe catalog access somewhere else (ie pg_depend instead of
>> pg_subscription_rel).  I suspect the only safe solution is doing an
>> IsCatalogRelation or similar test pretty early in the logical replication
>> code paths.

> I don't follow, everything else does dependency info check in this
> situation, how is this any different?

What do you mean by "everything else"?  The key point here is that
access to the bootstrap catalogs like pg_class and pg_attribute can't
be dependent on accesses to other catalogs, or we get into circularities.
We certainly aren't trying to look in pg_depend when we do a heap_open.

(Or, if you tell me that we are now because the logical replication
patch added it, I'm going to start agitating for reverting the patch
and sending it back for redesign.)