Re: Low Performance for big hospital server ..

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Low Performance for big hospital server ..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 12:35 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Reading can be worse for a normalized db, which is likely what the
> developers were concerned about.

To a point. Once you have enough data that you start running out of
space in memory then normalization starts to rapidly gain ground again
because it's often smaller in size and won't hit the disk as much.

Moral of the story is don't tune with a smaller database than you expect
to have.