Re: [HACKERS] Maximum query string length

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Maximum query string length
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Ansley, Michael" <Michael.Ansley@intec.co.za> writes:
> Massimo wrote:
>>> you will anyway have troubles with lex and yacc

> Well, if the query length is limited by yacc, bison, lex, or any other tools
> that we use, is it worthwhile trying to make it dynamic?

Yes, I think so.  We have not yet tried hard to persuade those tools to
cooperate, but I find it hard to believe that they cannot be handed a
source string in an externally supplied buffer.  At worst, we might find
that we can only promise > 64K query length when using a bison-generated
parser (since the parser innards tend to vary a lot across vendor
yaccs).

lex may or may not be worth worrying about --- the buffer size limit it
would impose would be for a single token, I believe, not for the whole
query.