Re: Broken due to CVS branching? .bki has wrong info for build

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Broken due to CVS branching? .bki has wrong info for build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie@gmail.com> writes:
> I pulled the latest from the git repo, I got this error on initdb:

> creating template1 database in testdb/base/1 ... initdb: input file
> "/usr/local/pg90/share/postgresql/postgres.bki" does not belong to
> PostgreSQL 9.0devel

> The problem was having '9.1' instead of '9.0' in the first line of the .bki.

Yeah, I ran into that too.  The makefiles don't have a dependency that
forces postgres.bki to be rebuilt when you update the major version in
configure.in.  Just delete src/backend/catalog/postgres.bki and
rebuild/reinstall.  (Actually, as of CVS HEAD it shouldn't be a problem
anymore because of yesterday's changes in pg_proc.h.)

I'm not sure whether it's worth adding an explicit dependency to cover
this case.  It only comes into play at major version boundaries.