Re: checksumming data

От Can Burak Cilingir
Тема Re: checksumming data
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 18:14 -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:04:48AM +0200, Can Burak Cilingir wrote:
>
> > How can I get the sha1 sum of large objects? or md5. but sha1 is better.
> For a digest function that handles binary data and can do SHA1, see
> the contrib/pgcrypto module.
I'll look at that thanks
> find values for constants like INV_READ, so maybe there's an easier
these are very convenient functions for inserting data. i am in love
with these.
> How committed are you to using large objects?  You might be able
> to use BYTEA instead, but search the list archives for the debate
> about which is more appropriate for a given situation.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2002-03/msg01313.php
Each type (bytea and LO) has its own advantages. For instance, bytea
manipulates the entire string in memory (up to 4 copies from what I
understand), which may be a problem if your data is very large (I've
only tried to store 10s of MB in bytea fields myself).

I am storing 60-100MB png's. though i didn't tested if statement above
is true. but i am convenient.

the need for md5summing by the help of database is just curiosity. I am
summing before insert which was enough already.
--
Can Burak Cilingir
http://canb.net/

Вложения

От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: [despammed] postgresql for windows
От: Sean Davis
Сообщение: perl DBI and SQL COPY