Re: Low Performance for big hospital server ..

От amrit@health2.moph.go.th
Тема Re: Low Performance for big hospital server ..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> >max_connections = 160
> >shared_buffers =  2048      [Total = 2.5 Gb.]
> >sort_mem  = 8192   [Total = 1280 Mb.]
> >vacuum_mem = 16384
> >effective_cache_size  = 128897 [= 1007 Mb. = 1 Gb.  ]
> >Will it be more suitable for my server than before?
> >

> I would keep shared_buffers in the 10000->20000 range, as this is
> allocated *once* into shared memory, so only uses 80->160 Mb in *total*.

You mean that if I increase the share buffer to arround 12000 [160 comnnections
] , this will not affect the mem. usage ?

> The lower sort_mem will help reduce memory pressure (as this is
> allocated for every backend connection) and this will help performance -
> *unless* you have lots of queries that need to sort large datasets. If
> so, then these will hammer your i/o subsystem, possibly canceling any
> gain from freeing up more memory. So there is a need to understand what
> sort of workload you have!

Will the increasing in effective cache size to arround 200000 make a little bit
improvement ? Do you think so?

Any comment please , thanks.
Amrit
Thailand

Сообщение: Re: Low Performance for big hospital server ..
Сообщение: Re: Low Performance for big hospital server ..