Re: Does anyone ever use OPTIMIZER_DEBUG?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Does anyone ever use OPTIMIZER_DEBUG?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> In c4a1933b4 I pushed a fix for a 4 year old bug in print_path() where
> I'd forgotten to add handling for TidRangePaths while working on
> bb437f995.
> 4 years is quite a long time for such a bug. Maybe that's because
> nobody uses OPTIMIZER_DEBUG. I certainly don't, and Tom mentions [1]
> he doesn't either.
> Is there anyone out there who uses it?
> If not, it's about 320 lines of uselessness.

We could also discuss keeping the "tracing" aspect of it, but
replacing debug_print_rel with pprint(rel), which'd still allow
removal of all the "DEBUG SUPPORT" stuff at the bottom of allpaths.c.
That's pretty much all of the maintenance-requiring stuff in it.