Re: Ready to launch?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Ready to launch?
Дата
Re: Ready to launch?  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 09:06, Dave Page wrote:
> So, with the possible exception of the survey being missing from the
> front page, are we ready to launch now?
>
> As for the survey, the only responses I've seen from anyone are along
> the lines of 'yes, it does need to be on the front page'. I personally
> think that the 'Featured User' box should be used for this - I can't see
> us getting a new quote from a user every few weeks after all...

I like that idea, maybe oscillate between surveys / quotes for 3 weeks /
1 week of every month?

As for rolling up, I think we still have a few things that should be
addressed:

1) "about the new website" link in the announcement doesn't go anywhere,
did someone have content for that?

2) Under About->Press we have a link to the 8.0 press kit and in the FAQ
it stats 8.0 is the most recent version.  Perhaps those links should be
hidden for now?

3) Downloads->BitTorrent-> only has links to the 8.0beta4, can we get a
copy of 7.4.6 and 8.0rc1 ?

4) More of a IMO thing, but I think the links in
Documentation->Manuals->[current|archive] should be changed so that with
user comments is listed first.

5) Documentation->FAQ seems fairly busted. Since we have all of the
language FAQ's working on the current site, I think this needs to be
straightened out before we go live.

6) Books should probably be listed in order of Publish date, an added
bonus would be to link to the book information on techdocs (reviews,
recommendations) but not a deal breaker.

7) I think we should add gborg, pgfoundry, and techdocs to
Community->Resources. possibly devrim's blog roll too, though I dont
know if that is live yet.

8) Support->professional services is blank, we either need to import the
info from techdocs are create a link to it.

9) Support-> hosting is also blank, same story as #8

10) Support-> bug reporting probably should have a link to the
pgsql-bugs archives.

11) Should the license link in the footer point to the license of the
website?

12) Anyone else have an issue with the footer links sometimes
overlapping the sponser add? I get this alot in the community section of
the website.

Robert Treat