Re: ANSI-strict pointer aliasing rules

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ANSI-strict pointer aliasing rules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
mark@mark.mielke.cc writes:
> Even if it was only 1% - 2%. Isn't it worth it? :-)

No.  According to the ancient saying, "I can make this program
arbitrarily fast ... if it doesn't have to give the right answer".
Percentage-point improvements are not worth the risk of introducing
hard-to-find, compiler-and-hardware-dependent bugs.

Show me how to find/prevent those bugs, and I'm all for going with
the stricter rules.  But you're so far off base with the above argument
that I wonder whether we understand each other at all.

Сообщение: Re: ANSI-strict pointer aliasing rules
Сообщение: Re: ANSI-strict pointer aliasing rules