Problem with pl/perl in postgresql 8.0rc1

От Robert Boone
Тема Problem with pl/perl in postgresql 8.0rc1
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello,

I am very new to postgresql and was excited to see that pl/perl was able
to do more in the newest version. So I created a database to learn some
of is feature. But when I try to to do:

    createlang plperl test

I get:
    createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not load
library "/usr/lib/pgsql/plperl.so": libperl.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I tried installing some of the other languages and they seem to work.

I am using the postgresql8.0rc1 rpms for FC3. I even try the srpm to
compile it myself but I get the same results.

If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong that would be great.

Thanks,

Robert Boone

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] \d output to a file
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] \d output to a file