Re: Scheduler in Postgres

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Scheduler in Postgres
Список pgsql-general
Well, if you program in Java for example, it is a portability problem to
call any native programs. It doesn't matter at all that the program
itself is portable, it is just not portable enough to call it at all,
not to mention other robustness problems arising from the Java-native
interaction.
Completely portable is nothing, but a solution which only requires you
to call your data base library with plain SQL is a lot more portable (in
any language you might use) than calling external programs.

Cheers,
Csaba.