Re: merging advocacy and "overview"

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 19:39, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Robert Treat wrote:
>
> > OK, but what about dotgeek? They provide a valuable service to the
> > community by giving free webhosting with postgresql. Are they a
> > community sponsor too ?
>
> as long as they are a strong community sponsor ... but, ummm ... right on
> their front page ... "The new server will *not support PostgreSQL* so
> please migrate your DB to MySQL (using the mygeek area of the site) or
> SQLite. "
>
> seems they are a bit mysql-centric, no?

Hmm... guess they couldn't get enough traction to stick with postgresql.
Maybe things would have been different if we had properly recognized
them as a corporate sponsor...

By the way, nice how you glossed over the OSTG in your response. Guess
theres no point in mentioning companies like minq.se, kazak, and
aliacta, companies who all provide free tools to the community as a way
to drive traffic to their websites.

Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Сообщение: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"