Re: pg_restore taking 4 hours!

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: pg_restore taking 4 hours!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 09:16 -0200, Rodrigo Carvalhaes wrote:

> I am using PostgreSQL with a proprietary ERP software in Brazil. The
> database have around 1.600 tables (each one with +/- 50 columns).

> max_fsm_pages = 20000
> max_fsm_relations = 1000

Hi,

I doubt that this will improve your pg_restore performance, but if you
have 1600 tables in the database then you very likely want to increase
the above two settings.

In general max_fsm_relations should be more than the total number of
tables across all databases in a given installation.  The best way to
set these is to do a "VACUUM VERBOSE", which will print the appropriate
minimum numbers at the end of the run, along with the current setting.

Cheers,
                    Andrew.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
            Never trust a computer you can't repair yourself.

Вложения