Re: varchar sort ordering ignore blanks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: varchar sort ordering ignore blanks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Luca Arzeni" <l.arzeni@amadego.com> writes:
> Is there any way to consider blanks meaningfull AND sort properly locale
> specific vowels ?

This isn't a Postgres question, it's a locale question.  (If you try,
you'll find that sort(1) sorts the same as we do in any given locale.)

I imagine you could create a custom locale definition that acts this
way, but I have no idea about the degree of wizardry involved.
"man localedef" would probably be a place to start.

If you come up with a reasonably simple recipe for this, please post
it here, as you're not the first to have asked and you likely won't
be the last ...