Re: ERROR: could not access status of transaction 210

От Scott Cain
Тема Re: ERROR: could not access status of transaction 210
Список pgsql-general
> Scott Cain <cain@cshl.org> writes:
> > After dropping a database, recreating it and trying to add a table to
> > it, I am getting this message:
>
> > ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 210
> > DETAIL:  could not open file "/opt/postgres/data/pg_clog/0000": No such file or directory
>
> > There is a file call 0001 in pg_clog, but not 0000.  This is a
> > relatively new install of PostgreSQL 7.4.6 built from source on a
> > similarly new install of Fedora Core 3.
>
> Hmm, are you sure it's 7.4.6 and has been 7.4.6 for the whole existence
> of the data directory?  This looks like a hint-bit-drop problem, which
> I thought we had fixed the last of as of 7.4.6.

Yes--when I installed 7.4.6, I did a fresh install of Pg
at /opt/postgres, whereas the previous install was at /home/postgres.

> > So, what can I do to get rid of this?  I already dropped the database
> > (which I can do successfully) and created an empty database in its
> > place, but I can't add any tables to it.  Also, when I do a '\dt' in
> > that empty database, I get a similar message:
>
> Apparently you've got hint-bit corruption in template1.  I'd recommend a
> fresh initdb.  If you're desperate to avoid that because you have other
> databases that aren't broken, you could reconstruct template1 from
> template0 (see techdocs.postgresql.org for the procedural details).

I'll do a fresh initdb--this is a development machine (thankfully), so
the databases on it are just for testing.  If you don't hear back--all
went well.

Thanks,
Scott

>             regards, tom lane