Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm afraid we may still get some push-back from existing users of
> --clean since, with the change you're proposing, we wouldn't be cleaning
> up anything that's been done to the public schema when it comes to
> comment changes or ACL changes, right?

No, if you have a nondefault ACL, that will still get applied.  This
arrangement would drop comment changes, but I can't get excited about
that; it's certainly far less of an inconvenience in that scenario
than dumping the comment is in non-superuser-restore scenarios.