Re: Recursive SETOF function

От Richard Rowell
Тема Re: Recursive SETOF function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I have been fiddling with what you sent.  I have it working mostly, save
for I keep getting syntax errors on the "RETURN NEXT cid;" line.  If I
remove this line then the function works ( but returns nothing of
course).  Any ideas on why the RETURN NEXT doesn't like the variable as
a parameter?

sp_demo_505=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION svp_getparentproviderids
(INTEGER)  RETURNS SETOF svp_getparentproviderids_uid_type  AS '
DECLARE child_provider ALIAS FOR $1; cid INTEGER;
BEGIN   SELECT INTO cid count(*) FROM providers WHERE uid =child_provider;   IF cid = 0 THEN       RAISE EXCEPTION
''InexistentID --> %'', child_provider;       RETURN;   END IF;   cid := child_provider;   LOOP       EXIT WHEN cid IS
NULL;      RETURN NEXT cid;       SELECT INTO cid parent_id FROM providers WHERE uid=cid;   END LOOP;   RETURN;

END;' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
CREATE FUNCTION
sp_demo_505=# select * from svp_getparentproviderids(21112);
ERROR:  incorrect argument to RETURN NEXT at or near "cid"
CONTEXT:  compile of PL/pgSQL function "svp_getparentproviderids" near
line 13

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: