Re: Duplicating website's formatting in local doc builds

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Duplicating website's formatting in local doc builds
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> To load the webfont, the "main.css" file uses a CSS "@import"
> instruction, which has a limitation that it can only be used as the top
> of the file. As main.css is not the first file in the "docs.csS"
> sandwich, it does not load.
> Buried in some version of the DocBook[1] documentation were in
> instructions on how to load in multiple stylesheets via
>     <xsl:param name="html.stylesheet">
> which I followed in our XSLT, which lead to that portion of the diff.

It looks to me like the main text font now matches, but the font used for
<literal> text doesn't quite -- see the attached, and note for example the
capital T's in CREATE TYPE.  (Local build with this patch on the left,
website on the right.)  Still, it's enormously closer than before.

> Not included is one of Tom's original questions, which is should we just
> make using the website styles the default? As it stands, this would
> require network connectivity to preview the look for a page. If we want
> to ensure consistent views across the board, then I would say we import
> the stylesheets, knowing that "main.css" is volatile.

The point about network access seems to me to be sufficient reason not
to make it the default.  I'd actually say that we ought to annotate
section J.3.1 to point out that "make STYLE=website" will result in
that.  However, I'm not quite clear on whether that means external
access during viewing, or during build, or both?  The note should say.

            regards, tom lane

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Duplicating website's formatting in local doc builds
Сообщение: Re: Duplicating website's formatting in local doc builds