Re: Oracle versus PostgreSQL

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Oracle versus PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 16:03, Nadeem Bitar wrote:
> I've searched unsuccessfully on google and the archives for a technical
> comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL.
> Is there any free and recent comparison that covers more than just the
> basic differences.

I don't think so. FWIW there is a new article on techdocs that
interviews Mark Stossberg about a recent project where he converted from
Oracle/tcl to PostgreSQL/Perl.  In the article is a link to a feature
comparison between the two databases, you might want to check it out
though there isn't a whole lot of technical detail in it.

Aside from that, I'd suggest google on "openacs postgresql oracle" and
possibly "compiere postgresql oracle" for information on two
applications that have looked at porting from oracle to postgresql.

Beyond that, feel free to post here with specific questions if you have
any, there are a number of oracle converts floating about.

Robert Treat